Wednesday, December 2, 2009

November Randoms

Ahh...Thanksgiving is done. 2 pot lucks couple of dinners and lunches. A ton of food and food coma. And no Black Friday shopping. With the combination of trying to build my DJ career and photography career, everything eventually gets backed up. Fortunately still found time to hang with some friends and shoot their car. David's RSX and Kingston's TSX. Our bad for having you wash your car and hope for a car shoot, all to be shot down by too many shots of soju. But we made it up for him. Headed over to Treasure Island just as the sun was going down. We've mastered the art of the $2/2minute car wash. One person does the coins, one does the hose and one does the soap thing. Pictures are a little dark and wasn't really thinking when I shot these pics. Should've set them up better and did a better job. Hope you like it guys

Shot with : 
Nikon D200
Tokina 12-24 f/4
SB600 with Poverty China Wizards + Umbrella

David's Jade Green RSX Type S
Kingston's TSX on mismatched rims

Was hired to do a little body painting model shoot at Fluid Ultra Lounge in San Francisco. Honestly had no idea what to expect, just show up and shoot. Didn't expect what I saw. All the girls were airbrushed with a sort of animal or primal look. Was pretty interested and as we were rushed for time, I'd have to work with what I had. I think there were 7 girls total and I was giving 1 1/2 hours to shoot. Things were backed up with make up since we were shooting inside a nightclub, I'd have to be done before doors open. Sorry to the girls that finished up late, wasn't able to have ample time to get proper lighting set up, poses, etc. Learned a lot of directing skills that night. Wanted to do a cross between that animal-instinct style imaging and a bit of glamour shots. Repeated a lot of the same poses with different models, just to speed things up. Creativity was on the low end. Let me know what you think. Still learning. I DJ'd at Fluid Lounge the following week. Yay.

Shot with : 
Nikon D200
Tokina 12-24 f/4
SB600 + wireless + umbrella

First model I worked with that night

Probably my favorite of the night




No comments:

Post a Comment