Friday, April 2, 2010

Back in action

Wow is this seriously my first post for 2010. Guess I haven't been doing too many photo-ish things lately. Anywho, sold almost all my gear in attempts to purchase new gear. That unfortunately is on hold. So all I have now is old gear and broken lenses. Shoot with what you've got damn it! is what I've been told. And that is what I've done.

Did a little impromptu photoshoot with AirbagClub's ridiculous Civic EK. Had my Nikon D200 (which has been acting up lately) and my busted Nikon 18-70 that doesn't autofocus anymore. Yay manual focus. Didn't have my flashes, so no off camera lighting. Boo. Nonetheless work with what you've got. Most of these are a sad attempt at HDR because shooting a white car with black rims without flash with the sun high in the sky is...well...epic suck. So here goes, first post in a while. Pretty crap photos, but hey, fun car, good company and a nice drive. Can't complain.

Ooo and up next, photoshoot in Fontana, CA for "MR2 Only Magazine" (yay published in the UK), Formula Drift Round 1 in Long Beach and photo gallery art exhibition at UC Merced. I've got my work cut out for me. Stay tuned!

Shot with :

Nikon D200
Nikon 18-70
Quantaraaarrayyay CP Filter
No sound deadning material = deaf
Watchamacallit candy bear
Chinatown folding chair stool

Base of the GG Bridge
Laid on the ground for this shot, kinda painful


Reminiscient of our old school EK shot




Funky processing + blown out sky


Cool buildings


Cool buildings part 2


Mmmm B-Series




One-off Willains / Recaro harnesses
Badassness


Finishing off the day with a nice drive


Can't post this as a feature yet, as it's waiting to be shot for a magazine feature. But enjoy anyway.

And yes, the images don't have my watermark, but please don't steal them. That's just not nice.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, where can I get that exact same White Recaro Racing harness?

    ReplyDelete