Tuesday, May 18, 2010

West Coast Moto Jam at Infineon Raceway

May seems to be a busy month. Finals time at San Francisco State mixed in with multiple DJ gigs and photo sessions and event coverage. If I pass out and disappear from this blog for a while, you'll know why. And then I'll come back like Jordan wearin the 4-5. Anywho, here's a little bit of the West Coast Moto Jam at Infineon Raceway, an AMA Pro Cycling event. There was a combination (as I've heard) of motorcross, flat track, road course and a ton of other two wheel action that, well frankly, I didn't know about until I got home.
So this is the Sunday portion of the AMA event, more of the last 2 1/2 hours of the Sunday event. Mr. Alvin Lee (gangster pharmacist) scored free tickets and we went last minute to check it out. I'll say that it's not as crazy as, oh say, Moto GP at Laguna-Seca, but still fun. Allergies kicked my ass, bad enough that my eyes reacted so badly to pollen, the tears built up and glazed my view finder over. Yes that bad. Managed to pull off a few pictures, but this being the first time I've seriously shot motorcycles, it is difficult. These things are fast and small. They pop in and out of your view finder almost instantly and you've got to be on your game.
Anyway, here's what I managed to get from the Sunday. I don't really follow AMA Pro Racing so I don't know the names of any riders and can't really give commentary. Enjoy!

Side note : The great thing about Infineon Raceway is that you really don't need a media pass to get awesome photos. The track is pretty wide open, from most areas on the course you can see 3 or 4 corners and a few straight aways. Very photographer friendly. No media pass with these photos.

Shot with :
Nikon D200
Sigma 100-300 f/4
Super incredibly bomb tri-tip sandwich with boring bread
Total waste of money crappy pizza
Allergies worse than (enter horrible disease here) _______.







\









No comments:

Post a Comment